One of the toughest thing about the Anchorage real estate process, whether it be buying or selling, purchasing a condominium or a house, is MOVING!!!! Just so you know there is a moving box estimator at the bottom of the page to determine how many boxes you will need. There are also a couple referrals for moving companies that several of the agents and other real estate professionals have used in the past.
With an Anchorage real estate purchase of a home or condominium, the moving date sometimes is a moving target itself. We are very proud of our management of the transaction making sure our Anchorage home buyers and sellers take possession of their new home on time. Although it is always a good idea to come up with a plan B.
Planning to packing the treasures of your Anchorage home or condominium can start early. You have decided to move and some of the valuables might as well be boxed up because they will end up there sooner or later. That way you can de-clutter your home or condominium for showings. Or if you are an Anchorage home buyer, just make yourself that much more prepared for the closing day. A good idea for packing is to color code your boxes, maybe with different colors of DUCK TAPE (another thing you will never have enough of). They make some pretty fun designs for Duck tape as well.
Well I hoped some of this advice will help you with your new goal of owning an Anchorage home or condominium, to make memories for years to come.
Questions to Ask When Interviewing Anchorage Home Movers
- What is the charge for packing?
- Does it include boxes? If not, what do they cost and will you deliver them?
- Is the storage heated?
- Is there an additional charge to deliver some items to a storage unit?
- How is a damage claim handled?
- What insurance do you provide and is there a cost?
- Does the insurance cover items packed by the owner?
- Can additional insurance be purchased?
- If items are covered by my Homeowner’s insurance, whose insurance pays first?
- Can you ship my car(s)? Will they be in the moving van or towed?
- What are the charges for shipping cars, lawn tractors, etc?
- What items cannot be shipped?
- If a shuttle truck is needed because of the location of my house or size of the drive way, is there an additional charge?
- If packing and loading are on different days, can you leave the beds and other basics out for us to use?
- What dates are available for our move?
- What date will you pack and how long will this take?
- What date will you load the van?
- What date will the van arrive at my new location?
- If my new home is not ready for delivery, how many days can it be delayed before there is a charge?
- What is the charge for additional days or weeks?
- Are there any additional fees that I’m responsible for that have not been discussed?
- What are the terms of payment?
- Is a down payment required?
- When will the balance be due and who is authorized to accept it?
- 550 W 54th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99518
- 550 W 54th Ave
- (907) 348-8889